Our restaurateurs Katrin Ljungblom and Stefan Söderholm will greet you with personal service, warmth and extensive knowledge.
Restaurant Hvita Hjorten is located in a bright open area with a fabolous view of Läckö Castle and Lake Vänern. The restaurant serves excellent meals for all occations, cooked using produce from the Walled Garden and local vegetable growers, from fishermen of Lake Vänern, local farmers and hunters.
Bringing history into the future
Magnus Gabriel De la Gardie had the tavern Hwita Hjorten (the White Hart) built during the period 1660-70. This buildning, as described in the 1685 inventory, was situated at the side of the then newly laid De la Gardie road, about 800 meters south of the castle.
The name The White Hart could have come from one of the many boats Magnus Gabriel kept at Läckö. A record from that time also names boats as The Swan, The Leopard, The Seagull and The Duck, as well as the yacht The Gilded Lion.
The tavern was demolished around 1700. In itw place, two cottages were built and later an Inn, in the area which is now the southern car park. The buildling would subsequently be granted to the cloth merchant Lars Hellqvist and was call Tygvaktarens boställe (The Cloth Keeper’s house) on a map from 1808. In 1858 the buildning was once again described as an Inn.
The Inn, constructed in half-timbered style, was demolished in 1908. In 1934 the siblings Åkervall, children of the then overseer at Läckö, got permission to build a café and hostelry, Vita Hjorten (The White Hart) – an establishment which existed until the end of the 1970s.
The using of the name Hvita Hjorten for the restaurant in naturum Vänerskärgården – Victoriahuset is a way of bringing the history into the future.